Greening Brownfields discusses sustainable remediation methods for converting a land liability into a high-value asset. This forward-looking resource presents best practices and creative thinking on how to increase property value by viewing contaminated sites as lucrative opportunities. The book covers global trends and business drivers related to brownfields and green development, and outlines US and international guidelines and incentive programs. Detailed case studies of worldwide brownfield redevelopment initiatives are included.
Invaluable for anyone interested in sustainable development and remediation, GREENING BROWNFIELDS looks back and forward, examining best and worst practices and programs, as well as predicting future trends. It is filled with essential tools for planning, building, evaluating and financing brownfields, as well as a thorough glossary that provides readers with a deeper understanding of the language of brownfields remediation, sustainable land use, green building and climate change.
GREENING BROWNFIELDS covers
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- US Green Building Council
- Leadership in Energy and environmental Design (LEED)
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- BRE Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM)
- Regulations and financial incentives
- Frameworks for integrating all phases of brownfield redevelopment
- Sustainable land planning and land use
- One Planet Living
- Green Building
Remediation Through Sustainable Development
by William Sarni
Pub. Date: Sept. 15, 2009